Shelby County Government - Big Creek Park Construction - Phase 1 Civil Package
Prebid Date8/18/20 9:30 am
Bid Date10/6/20 2:00 pm
Company & Contacts
Wagner General Contractors, Inc.
Chad Phillips 901-386-0060
Project site is located in Millington, TN between Big Creek and Highway 385, and between Highway 51 and just east of Raleigh Millington Road. Shelby County, TN
A Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting – All interested respondents are invited to participate in this meeting via teleconference on Friday, September 18, 2020 at 9:30 am (CST). This meeting will take place via Go To Meeting
Please use the following information to join the pre-bid meeting: CLICK HERE
Access Code: 546-047-301
SEALED BID DUE TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2020 AT 2:00PM
You can view the bid opening by joining the Go To Meeting by clicking HERE
Access Code: 986-307-637
Scope of Work
1. Clearing, grubbing, and disposal of cleared and grubbed materials within the project.
2. Earthwork and related operations, including, but not limited to, excavating all classes of material, handling, storage, transportation and disposal of all excavated and unsuitable or excess material, construction of fill material areas, placing and replacing fill materials around structures, preparation of subgrades, finished grading, and any other similar, incidental, or appurtenant earthwork operations which may be necessary to properly complete the project. An optional borrow area adjacent to the site has been identified to provide the 100,000 cubic yards of fill estimated for the project.
3. Temporary and permanent erosion and sedimentation controls as shown on the Drawings.
4. Furnishing and placing Rip Rap for slope protection culvert and outlet protection in accordance with the Drawings and Specifications
5. Vehicular Paved areas including aggregate subbase, aggregate base, prime coats, tack coats, asphaltic concrete pavement, curb, wheel stops, striping, and associated materials for Armitage Drive, Park Drive, parking lots, and the improvements to U.S. Highway 51. This also includes any traffic control required.
6. Storm drainage utilities including drain piping, box culverts, headwalls, catch basins; manholes, including bedding, and backfill as shown on the drawings.
7. Sanitary Sewer service including gravity piping, force main piping, manholes, grinder pumps, valves, fittings, bedding, backfill, and associated materials as shown on the drawings. This includes the Jack and Bore under U.S. Highway 51.
8. Water service including an, 8” water main, and associated service lines for the project. Includes, fittings, adapters, valves, hydrants, backfill, and Horizontal Directional Drilling under US Highway 51.
9. Underground electrical duct lines under proposed asphalt for future electrical service as shown on the drawings.
10. Pavement markings for US Highway 51 improvements, proposed Armitage Drive, and parking lots.
11. Road signage for US Highway 51 improvements, proposed Armitage Drive, and parking lots as indicated on the drawings.
12. Terraced seating for the observation mound.
13. Temporary and permanent seeding associated with the project including supplying and installing seed, turf, and hydraulic seeding as shown on the drawings.
14. The removal of suitable material and replacement of selected crushed stone or suitable earth material as directed by the engineer.
Hard copy full sets of plans and specifications will be available for purchase at contractor’s expense, which will be fulfilled by Memphis Reprographics or files may be downloaded for free from our online plan room. For questions about accessing the documents please contact Memphis Reprographics at 901-590-4862.